Pink Lemonade Cupcakes - Recipe
Did they taste bueno? If so can I have the recipe? I am totally into baking cupcakes (and decorating them) and love when I get awesome fun recipes! =D
Oh definitely, I’m happy to share! :D I’ve gotta say, this is probably the best luck I’ve had with a cupcake recipe, I was licking the bowl clean by the time I was done!
PINK LEMONADE CUPCAKES
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet of Crystal Light Natural Pink Lemonade powder mix
- 1 box of cake mix (18.25 oz, vanilla or funfetti - it’s up to you!)
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup “natural” apple sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A couple drops of yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine water and pink lemonade powder mix. Add in cake mix, vegetable oil, apple sauce, lemon juice, and food coloring. Mix thoroughly until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into cupcake tray (with liners). Fill each liner roughly halfway.
- Bake for 24 minutes; make sure to test with a toothpick!
- Let cool, then decorate!
YIELD: 24 cupcakes. CALORIES: 90 per cupcake.
As for the glaze, I mixed together confectioner’s sugar, vanilla Silk soy milk, about 1/3 of another pink lemonade packet, and a splash of water. I’m not sure what the ratios are since I just dumped it all together until it had the consistency and taste I wanted.